This position primary responsibility is to support the digitization effort to convert paper documents to image, performing quality control of images and indexing various fields pulled from the scanned documents. In this position every individual will be cross-trained so that the entire life-cycle of digitization can be performed by each member of the team. This ensures quality assurance in scanning, indexing, and editing.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, independent worker who can also work in and contribute to a team environment. The candidate will be part of a team that maintains data entry production, scanning; prepares work to be processed; and inputs data in a classified environment. This position requires extreme attention to detail and the ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities.
- Record and maintain pertinent data describing material received, including the date of receipt, number of physical items, and name of receiver, container barcode/tracking number, and transmittal sheet tracking number.
- Review and prepare files and documents based on conversion requirements to include but not limited to: arranging records in date order, removing duplicate copies, removing staples and clipping multi-page documents.
- Determine which scanning device will properly perform the operations depending on the type of quality of documents to be imaged
- Perform and monitor all activities required to scan the documents
- Provide daily preventative maintenance (care and cleaning) of all scanning equipment as recommended by the manufacturer or as needed
- Review the scanned document images electronically to verify that all pages within the document were scanned accurately and completely. The review shall include a 100% verification of each scanned page image to ascertain the image quality. Re-scanning of documents will be required if the scanned images are deemed poor quality.
- Perform hardcopy scanning, microform, scanning, oversized scanning (e.g. maps, charts, and drawings) and image formatting/conversion.
- Deliver scanned pages in electronic format and meet scanning targets and deadlines.
- Lift bankers box weighing up to 40 pounds, as required
- Previous scanning experience is required
- Strong attention to detail in Quality Control and Indexing
- Ability to use various scanning and viewing equipment and tools to ensure accuracy and quality while meeting goals and requirements
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as a team member
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities
- Must have history of excellence in attendance.
- Please submit MS Word version of your resume
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.